Friday 19 April 2013

Question Two

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary text?

For my ancillary text i used the performer (Beth Ludolf)  from my music video in both of my Digipak and my magazine advert. i got the font that i was going to use on both of my ancillary texts from the website Da Fonts. I also looked closely at different artists and their CD covers and their magazine adverts.
With my ancillary text, I was looking at different magazine advert of other artists adverts. The one that I had the most inspiration from was the Disclosure album cover with the fact that the person who is on their album cover had their faces drawn on over the top. 
 disclosure-the-singles

As you can tell from the two pictures i have put on, with my Album cover and the picture that i have used on my magazine advert, that my picture has a similar resemblance to the picture to the right which is Disclosures. The reason why i have done this is because so when people see the advert or the album cover that they will know that it is the one that i have made because it is so significant and the fact that the audience will be able to tell that it is mine.

On the Digipak, I had to include, 6 pictures, one front cover, a back cover which is where the lyrics on, and three inside covers, two of which are where the CD's would go. The way in which i did it, was that for the from and the back of the Digipak, i used the performer that was in my music video, i then put on the name of the album on the front cover, which follows the conventions of a professional Digipak. On the back of the digipak, i put all of the songs on, this also follows the conventions of a Digipak, I used the songs off Delilahs original album because Delilah is the artist whose song i used. For the part in the Digipak where the two CD's go, i used the background of the main picture and copied it and stretched it to fit the appropriate size, i then went around the CD shape template and erased all of the bit that i did not need.

For the magazine advert, used the picture that was on my Digipak, i also used the writing that is also on my Digipak aswell. I looked at Ellie Gouldings magazine advert and Lana Del Reys and Delilah to try and get some inspiration from, to try and get my ideas for my advert.
 
The way in which i used these as inspiration was that I like the way in which the bold text was used, so i thought that it would be a good idea and that it would follow the conventions if i did my text bold and in the middle of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment